Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Reports To: Property Care Director
Status: Full-Time or Part-Time Hourly with Benefits
We are a successful property management and real estate company based in Oakland, providing management services to 800+ properties throughout the Bay Area and beyond. We strive to make each experience with our clients, residents, and team meaningful and impactful, living up to our company ethos, “Service Beyond Expectations.”
About the role:
We are seeking reliable, friendly, hard-working, self-motivated individuals to join our established Property Care Team. We are currently looking for technicians for our residential and commercial properties throughout the bay area. The properties range from single-family homes to multiple-unit apartment buildings and commercial spaces.
As a Maintenance Technician, you will perform a wide variety of maintenance duties that include preventative, emergency, cosmetic, routine maintenance, and regular inspections. The nature of work requires an emphasis on safe work practices, sustained physical effort, troubleshooting, problem-solving, attention to detail, customer service, and time management. You will also work cross-functionally with the property management, leasing, and marketing teams to help provide quality experiences for property owners, residents, and prospective tenants.
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- Ability to work weekends on occasion;
- On-call maintenance for after hour/non-business hour emergencies;
- The ability to perform building maintenance repairs in trades such as carpentry, plumbing, electrical, HVAC system, appliance repair, painting, drywall, plaster fire protection;
- The ability to recognize safety hazards and take precautionary measures to protect self and others;
- Strong troubleshooting abilities;
- Own a set of essential hand and power tools;
- Basic computer skills;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Must have reliable transportation (preferably a pickup truck) and;
- A valid California driver license with a good driving record. Must also provide proof of automobile insurance with Business Use Endorsement (this is at your own cost.)
- Basic knowledge of OSHA regulations (will train);
- Bilingual preferred (English and Spanish)
- Good sense of humor.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Salary based on experience and level of skills;
- Medical (if Full-time);
- Dental (if Full-time);
- Vision (if Full-time);
- Life insurance.
FOR CONSIDERATION, PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER, RESUME, AND SALARY EXPECTATIONS AS PDF ATTACHMENTS
Please send a with your cover letter, resume, and salary expectations in an email to email@example.com
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for Advent Properties, Inc. Advent Properties provides an equal employment opportunity — we do not tolerate any forms of discrimination. Advent Properties, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.