It’s hard to imagine where to even begin when moving out your home. Between the yes and no questions of “Do I reallllly need this?” and “I forgot I even had this”, one question you may ask is “How do I get my Security Deposit back?”.
It’s a significant and expensive question that has crossed the mind. After all, a pretty penny went towards the security deposit; why not try to get most of it back?
Part of the series of common maintenance items anyone can do, we’ve created a list of tasks that can help maximize returning your deposit.
We understand that it can be overwhelming at times, so a steady pace and the right tools can make anything achievable
- Clean refrigerator, shelves, crisper, under crisper and underfoot guard.
- Clean and defrost freezer.
- Clean Cabinet Doors Inside and Out
- Clean tiles and faucet fixtures.
- Clean floor (including under the refrigerator and stove).
- Check and clean garbage disposal (if applicable).
- Clean stove, hood, vent, and filter (all should be grease free).
- Clean all counter tops.
LIVING ROOM, DINING ROOM, BEDROOMS, CLOSET, AND HALLWAYS
- Vacuum carpet, including edges. Shampoo the carpets if necessary. Carpets are preferably cleaned professionally to avoid damage.
- Clean baseboards and woodwork throughout the unit.
- Clean all blinds.
- Clean windows and windowsills (inside and out wherever possible).
- Clean and vacuum sliding window tracks.
- Clean air conditioner
- Clean medicine cabinet out completely
- Clean mirrors
- Clean window and windowsill
- Clean all tile
- Clean floor
- Clean Bathtub, Shower, shower doors
- Clean all drawer/cabinets & vanity
- Clean hardware on faucets/shower
- Clean toilet inside & Out including enclosed base
- Clean ceiling fan blades
- Light cover
- Outlet Covers need to be installed
GARAGE AND PARKING STALLS
- Stain-free from any car oil
GARBAGE AND DEBRIS
- Remove and dispose of any debris.