Job Title: Leasing Associate
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
Status: Full-Time position
We are a successful property management and real estate company based in Oakland, providing management services to 800+ properties throughout the Bay Area and beyond. We strive to make each experience with our clients, residents, and team meaningful and impactful, living up to our company ethos, “Service Beyond Expectations.”
About the role:
We are seeking a motivated individual that takes pride in providing excellent service to join our team as a Leasing Associate. As a Leasing Associate, you will work closely with property owners to provide support for their property and tenants. You will also work cross-functionally with the property management, maintenance, marketing, and accounting teams to provide a quality experience for property owners and prospective residents.
The successful candidate possesses friendly, patient, efficient, and resourceful characteristics, along with having the knowledge, experience, or the desire and aptitude to acquire the knowledge necessary to handle all leasing needs — especially in rent-controlled and eviction-controlled jurisdictions.
This position is a great starting point if you are interested in a career in real estate. No experience in the real estate industry is required, but the need for enthusiasm and a drive for success is vital!
Leasing Associate duties and responsibilities:
- Respond to leasing inquiries and leads for assigned rental units;
- Manage the scheduling and showing of rental housing units you are assigned;
- Conduct tours/showings of rental housing units to prospective tenants which you are assigned;
- Inspect rental housing units for market-readiness and create work orders as needed which you are assigned;
- Coordinate Unit Turns with owners and Property Care Director;
- Conduct tenant move-in/out, including move-in/out inspections;
- Prepare and send a report to other team members for the Itemized Dispositions Statement for Security Deposit;
- Draft/post advertisements for and take photographs and videos of assigned rental units;
- Review applications, gather all necessary documents from the applicant(s), and verify rental and employment of the applicant(s) before presenting the applications to the Chief Operating Officer for review and approval;
- Conduct comparable rent analysis by researching current market rents to Broker for the approval process, and provide current market rent information to owners for assigned rental units;
- Updating our internal database concerning leased rentals, marketing status; and
- Any other leasing tasks as assigned by the President or the Chief Operating Officer.
Minimum qualifications and requirements:
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent;
- Self-motivated and highly organized;
- Strong verbal and written communications and negotiations skills;
- Medium to Advanced knowledge of general office computing skills;
- Cheerful, creative, and resourceful problem solver;
- Proven ability to work in a team environment/collaboratively;
- Great attention to detail; and
- Valid California Driver’s License with a clean driving record, automobile insurance (minimum coverage limits apply), and reliable means of private transportation required.
- California Certified Residential Manager certification;
- Associate or higher degree;
- Self-disciplined and self-directed personality; and
- Good sense of humor.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Commensurate with experience;
- Company-provided training, including CCRM and California Real Estate Salesperson License, as well as maintenance of certification and license;
- Life insurance.
FOR CONSIDERATION, PLEASE SUBMIT A COVER LETTER AND RESUME AS PDF ATTACHMENTS.
Please send a with your cover letter and resume in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: This job description includes the core responsibilities for Advent Properties, Inc. Advent Properties provides an equal employment opportunity — we do not tolerate any forms of discrimination. Advent Properties, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.