Hiring a property manager can be difficult. Hiring a stellar property manager that gets you and understands your property’s needs is nearly impossible.
Finding the right property manager for your property can be a long process, but it doesn’t have to be.
Before you jump into it, don’t be afraid to ask the property manager some questions.
Asking the right questions and getting the answers that make sense for your needs is paramount to the long-term success of your property.
And, like any good relationship, communication and trust are the hallmarks of a successful partnership. Following is a list of twenty questions to help you on the road to selecting your best property manager:
- Why should I use a property manager?
- What are some benefits of hiring a property manager?
- What professional property management designations have you worked with?
- What makes Advent Properties, Inc. different from other companies?
- Should I allow pets in my rental? Can I get more rent? How am I protected?
- How quickly do you respond to maintenance requests?
- How long will it take to lease my home/apartment?
- Can I cancel my contract if I am unhappy with your services?
- What geographic areas do you cover?
- How many employees do you have? Does one person only handle my property?
- How much money should I be setting aside for repairs/maintenance?
- Do you make me keep a reserve fund with your company?
- What happens if a resident doesn’t pay rent?
- Do you create 3-day notices?
- Do you know about rent control?
- What is rent control?
- What is eviction control?
- Do you manage commercial property?
- Do you manage multi-family property?
- How do you handle roommate move outs?
If you have any questions, please call us at 510.500.7531 or email at email@example.com to discuss and answer these questions. The Advent Properties, Inc Team looks forward to working with you.